Vacation at Military Resorts
When I travel, I take a look to vacation at military resorts in the area I am going to. Having stayed at the Hale Koa military resort in Hawaii, and at the A Frames at Lake Tahoe (Picture on left), I enjoyed them both! Besides saving a ton of travel money, they do an excellent job with the upkeep and you are assured that you will not be disappointed!
You need to book early at most military resorts, check the sites to see what the window is for booking a reservation. You cannot book out a year in advance, so this may not be best for your travel needs.
Active duty military, Guard and Reserve along with military retired veteran personnel are all welcome here. Just remember that active duty have priority, and sometimes they are even limited access due to TDY and PCS personnel!
Lake Tahoe Cabin Rentals: The Coast Guard has a beautiful facility and it is not expensive! Rent an A Frame cabin and enjoy Lake Tahoe and all that it has to offer. This is open to Active Duty, Guard, Reserve and government employees.
Big Bear Lake - Provides you military discounts if you are thinking about going to this location in California! You can receive discounts of up to 50% off.
Hawaii has a large of assortment of military vacation facilities for vacations, all are a good choice for Military Veterans that want to see the beauty of Hawaii and you will pay less than at a resort or hotel there:
- The Hale Koa is located right on Waikiki Beach in one of the prime locations. It has 817 rooms, swimming pools, a PX, bars, restaurants, a weight room and more. Make your reservations as early as possible as it books fast.
- Kilauea Military Camp is located in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Kilauea Military Camp (KMC) sits amidst spectacular scenery, natural wonders, and cultural treasures including the marvels of the active Kilauea Volcano.
- Tripler Army Hotel is conveniently located next to Hawaii’s famous pink hospital and the Spark Matsunaga VA Center which supports military veterans. They have a 90 room hotel with a business center, free WI-FI, free laundry rooms, free internet access, shuttle service on the installation and complimentary breakfast.
- The Inn at Schofield Barracks. The Inn is conveniently located within walking distance of many community activities including swimming pool, tennis courts, commissary, post exchange and more. The Inn features a Deli serving breakfast and lunch, and a convenience store with a wide assortment of merchandise for travelers.
- Pililaau Army Recreation Center (PARC) located on the Pokai Bay and is one of the best beach facilities on the island. PARC is located just 35 miles from Waikiki, on the beautiful Leeward Coast. PARC is comprised of 39 beachfront cabins, one distinguished visitor cabin, an equipment rental center, club facility and cove pavilion area for group outings. All cabins are air conditioned, with ceiling fans, cable TV and telephone. The kitchens are equipped with cooking utensils, tableware, dishes and linen, a private sundeck and barbecue grill. Fresh Coffee and Pastries available daily at 7:00 am at the administration Office.
There are more facilities that are available for retired military veterans, as we find them, they will be listed. Take advantage, after all, as a retired military veteran you earned some done time. Enjoy it!